THIS WEEK IN RACIAL EQUITY
– Consumer Health Foundation board member Silvia Salazar shared her reflections on the Putting Racism on the Table series and how it has had a meaningful impact on her life in this blog post available in both English and Spanish. (Daily, 5/19)
– Caitlyn Duffy, project associate for Philamplify at the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, discussed why she’s challenging philanthropy and other sectoral organizations to talk more explicitly about structural racism, and gave a shout out to WRAG’s Putting Racism on the Table series. (NCRP, 5/18)
THIS WEEK IN THE WRAG COMMUNITY
– In light of the coming dissolution of the DC Trust, WRAG submitted a letter on behalf of the region’s philanthropic community to D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson, calling on the Council to maintain funding for out-of-school and summer programming for D.C.’s children and youth in the FY17 budget.
– Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers‘ president and CEO David Biemesderfer shared this open letter to foundations he signed as one of 22 nonprofit and philanthropy leaders, thanking foundations that have invested in nonprofit infrastructure. He also provided some examples of the important work Forum members Indiana Philanthropy Alliance, Maine Philanthropy Center, and WRAG are doing to strengthen communities nationwide. (Forum, 5/17)
THIS WEEK IN TRANSIT
– Metro Releases Finalized Long-Term Maintenance Plan. See How Your Commute Will Be Affected. (WCP, 5/19)
Communications and Development Associate | Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing
Associate | Innovation Network, Inc.
Research Assistant | Innovation Network, Inc.
Part Time Bookkeeper/Accountant | ACT for Alexandria
Associate Director | Arabella Advisors
Associate Director (Conservation Focus) | Arabella Advisors
Director, Corporate Philanthropy | Council on Foundations
D.C. PrEP for Women Project Coordinator | Washington AIDS Partnership
Visit WRAG’s Job Board for the latest job openings in the region’s social sector.
WRAG’S COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Click the image below to access WRAG’S Community Calendar. To have your event included, please send basic information including event title, date/time, location, a brief description of the event, and a link for further details to: email@example.com.
Calendar won’t display? Click here.
Boston has found a poetic way to beat the rainy day blues.