(Top Row: Naresh Poonia, Monique Riley, Nicole Fillion; Bottom Row: Colleen Shipley, Aurin Lewis, Stephanie Areizaga, Mah Afroze)
The Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers is excited to welcome the 2017-2018 Philanthropy Fellows! Seven grad students from the University of Maryland are working at five WRAG member organizations this year:
- Aurin Lewis (MBA/MPP ‘18) is working at the Greater Washington Community Foundation to support their Safety Net Initiative and Philanthropic Services grantmaking programs.
- Colleen Shipley (MPP ’18) is working on development and donor engagement at the Greater Washington Community Foundation.
- Mah Afroze (pursuing a PhD in Public Policy) is supporting monitoring and evaluation activities in Kaiser Permanente’s community benefits department.
- Monique Riley (MPP ’19) is supporting donor development and engagement at the Community Foundation in Prince George’s County.
- Naresh Poonia (MBA ’18) is at the Greater Washington Community Foundation working on development and philanthropic engagement.
- Nicole Fillion (MPH ’18) is supporting the Sharing Montgomery and Children’s Opportunity Fund initiatives at the Community Foundation in Montgomery County
- Stephanie Areizaga (MPP ’18) is supporting evaluation and communications activities at the Montgomery County Collaboration Council for Children, Youth & Families.
These students are gaining valuable professional experience in philanthropy, making new connections in the community, and bringing fresh ideas and energy to their host organizations. To learn more about each fellow, click here. Check out our website to learn more about WRAG’s Philanthropy Fellows program.