THIS WEEK AT WRAG
– WRAG announced the launch of our new and improved job board! This service is available to the region’s philanthropic and nonprofit community. Job postings are free for WRAG members and $60 for non-members. As a benefit for using WRAG’s job board, each posting will be included in a weekly roundup (below) of job opportunities right here in the Daily WRAG. For any questions about using the job board, contact Rebekah Seder, firstname.lastname@example.org.
– We released the third video in the Putting Racism on the Table series! The video features Julie Nelson, director of the Government Alliance on Race & Equity at the Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society, speaking on implicit bias. After you’ve had a chance to view the video, we encourage you to share your thoughts on the series or on the specific topic via Twitter using the hashtag #PuttingRacismOnTheTable, or by commenting on WRAG’s Facebook page. We also suggest checking out the viewing guide and discussion guide to be used with the video. Both can be found on our website.
THIS WEEK IN CSR
– Congratulations to WRAG members BB&T, Booz Allen Hamilton, Deloitte, JPMorgan Chase, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Wells Fargo for being nominees for the 2016 Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards by the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce. See what they were nominated for here. (NVCC, 4/29)
THIS WEEK IN THE WRAG COMMUNITY
– The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties hosted their Give Choose Day, a 24-hour fundraising campaign for 60 area social profit organizations, with 1,402 donations that raised $180,204.33!
THIS WEEK IN HOUSING
– Washington City Paper offered a glimpse into some of D.C.’s low-rent units, where many tenants live in constant fear of losing their homes and have few options but to deal with unresponsive landlords who neglect properties. (WCP, 4/29)
– Local Initiatives Support Corporation made a $50 million commitment toward ensuring that residents living in the area surrounding the highly-anticipated 11th Street Bridge Park would not be displaced once it opens. (WaPo, 5/3)
– Associate | Innovation Network, Inc.
– Research Assistant | Innovation Network, Inc.
– D.C. PrEP for Women Project Coordinator | Washington AIDS Partnership
– Communications and Development Associate | Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing
Visit WRAG’s Job Board for the latest job openings in the region’s social sector.
WRAG’S COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Click the image below to access WRAG’S Community Calendar. To have your event included, please send basic information including event title, date/time, location, a brief description of the event, and a link for further details to: email@example.com.
Calendar won’t display? Click here.
Netflix knows how to get you to watch everything.