THIS WEEK IN PHILANTHROPY
– WRAG president Tamara Lucas Copeland was profiled on the 2030 Group’s blog and discussed WRAG’s supportive role in the Roadmap Initiative. (2030 Group, 10/14)
THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION
– Enrollment is up in D.C. public schools for the seventh year in a row after decades of steady decline, signaling a possible shift in parent confidence in the school system. (WaPo, 10/20)
– New data show a four percent increase in D.C. public school graduation rates. (DCist, 10/19)
– A study measuring efforts of U.S. high schools in teaching financial literacy gave each state a grade. Virginia earned an “A”; Maryland earned a “B”; and the District received an “F”. (WBJ, 10/20)
THIS WEEK IN THE ENVIRONMENT
– Montgomery County is set to launch its biggest-ever solar initiative. (WBJ, 10/19)
THIS WEEK IN FOOD
– As Schools Buy More Local Food, Kids Throw Less Food in the Trash (NPR, 10/20)
WRAG’S COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Click the image below to access WRAG’S Community Calendar. To have your event included, please send basic information including event title, date/time, location, a brief description of the event, and a link for further details to: email@example.com.
Calendar won’t display? Click here.
It’s Friday! Before you get out there and put on your dancing shoes, see if you can identify these moves.