THIS WEEK IN THE ARTS
– Washington Business Journal offered a look at the highly-anticipated expansion of the Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Center – also known as THEARC – scheduled to break ground later this month. (WBJ, 10/6)
– The Cultural Data Project, the online tool used by arts organizations to track financial, programmatic, and operational data, is re-branding as DataArts. Check out their press release to learn more.
THIS WEEK IN SOCIAL INNOVATION
– Financial institution Goldman Sachs dabbled in social impact bonds with an investment in 100 Utah preschoolers. (NYT, 10/7)
THIS WEEK IN PHILANTHROPY
– CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield announced that it will award $3 million to social profit organizations and government organizations in the region to develop new, innovative telemedicine programs that improve access to healthcare. (WBJ, 10/12)
THIS WEEK IN HEALTH
– A recent study found that medical costs in D.C. are relatively affordable in comparison with those of other major U.S. cities, despite wide variations in the true costs of care within the city. (WBJ, 10/12)
WRAG’S COMMUNITY CALENDAR
Click the image below to access our new calendar and find out what’s coming up in the community. To have your event included on the calendar, please send basic information including event title, date/time, location, a brief description of the event, and a link to further details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar won’t display? Click here.
See if you can solve this quick puzzle about how baseball caps divided a tiny town (essentially). Then, find out what the answer may reveal about the world we live in. Deep.