I’ll be at the beach and not reading news (!) for the next 7 to 9 days. WG Daily’s news round-up will return August 4. -Nick
– Rhee requests $7 to 10 million from local grantmakers (WGDaily, 7/24)
– WG testifies about recent changes at the DC Children and Youth Investment Trust (WGDaily, 7/24)
– WG’s Corporate Philanthropy Affinity Group discusses nonprofit mergers (WGDaily, 7/24)
AARP Foundation (WG member) to Host Symposium on Poverty and Aging in America (wire, 7/24) …on July 30 in Washington, DC. Sen. John Edwards will speak.
– Montgomery in Grip of Foreclosure Crisis (WaPo, 7/24) – quotes Nonprofit Roundtable’s Chuck Bean, and Ralph F. Boyd Jr., chairman of WG member Freddie Mac Foundation.
– U.S. Foreclosures Double as House Prices Decline (Bloomberg, 7/25) from same quarter last year
GlobalGiving introduces new site: GlobalGiving Green (NYTimes, 7/25) “listing 25 projects that it has determined entail minimal greenhouse gas emissions…”
Montgomery universal preschool gains ground (Examiner, 7/25)
Online Auctions Raise Big Bucks for Charity (BusinessWeek, 7/23)
Billionaires Back Anti-Smoking Effort (NYTimes, 7/24)