– Not much improvement since the landmark ‘Nation at Risk’ study (CHE, 4/21) says this report from Strong American Schools, a project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, supported in part by the Gates Foundation (both WG members).
– [DC] District heads tout plan to help schools meet federal standards (Examiner, 4/22)
– [DC] Group plans parental involvement in D.C. schools (Examiner, 4/22)
Opinion: “Congestion Pricing is Coming” to our region (WaPo, 4/22)
“The most brutal real estate slump in decades is reverberating through the rental market.” (USAToday, 4/22)
BUDGETS – “Region’s Fiscal Outlook Darkens” (WaPo, 4/22)
It’s Earth Day! (Or is it?) Snag a copy of today’s Examiner (it’s not online yet) for an interview with WG member Amy Marasco Newton of the Newton Marasco Foundation, which promotes environmental stewardship. Are you doing anything Earth Day related activities? Send me a link or leave a comment.
– April 24: Public Education Working Group
– April 30: Arts & Humanitites Working Group kick-off!